EFFECTS OF FUKUZAWA YUKICHI’S EDUCATIONAL IDEOLOGIES ON IDEOLOGICAL CHANGES OF PHAN BOI CHAU
Fukuzawa Yukichi (1835 - 1901), a Japanese radical ideologist in the late 19th century, was a pioneer of the education modernization in Japan. His educational ideologies were not limited in Japanese territory but went beyond Japanese border. Together with New Books (Tân Thư), New Literature (Tân Văn), Fukuzawa Yukichi’s educational ideologies were introduced to Vietnam and they created ideological changes in Confucian scholars, particularly Phan Boi Chau, during the early years of the twentieth century. Phan Boi Chau realized that the only way to independence was to improve intellectual level of the people and strengthen national potentials. The ideological changes of Phan Boi Chau created uniqueness in the history of ideological flow in Vietnam, contributing to the struggle for national liberation.
2. Fukuzawa Yukichi (2006), Khuyến học (An Encouragement of Learning) (Translated by Pham Huu Loi). Hanoi: The Youth Publishing House.
3. Hanh, T. T. (2012). Quá trình chuyển biến tư tưởng của nho sĩ Việt Nam trong 30 năm đầu thế kỷ XX [The transformation of Vietnamese Confucian scholars’ Ideology in the early twentieth century]. Hanoi: National Political Publishing House.
4. Thau, C. (2001). Phan Bội Châu toàn tập, tập 2 [Complete works of Phan Boi Chau, Vol. 2]. Hue: Thuan Hoa Publishing House.
5. Thau, C. (2001). Phan Bội Châu toàn tập, tập 3 [Complete works of Phan Boi Chau, Vol. 3]. Hue: Thuan Hoa Publishing House.
6. Thau, C. (2001). Phan Bội Châu toàn tập, tập 4 [Complete works of Phan Boi Chau, Vol. 4]. Hue: Thuan Hoa Publishing House.
7. 今永清二 (1979) 福澤諭吉の思想形成 勁草書局(The formation of Fukuzawa Yukichi’s Ideology. Tokyo: Oko Shobo Publishing House)
8. 桑原三郎 (2000) 福澤諭吉の教育観, 慶應義塾大学出版会 (Kuwabara S. (2000). Fukuzawa Yuki’s Viewpoint on Education. Tokyo: Keio University Publishing House).
Copyright (c) 2018 IJRDO - Journal Of Educational Research (ISSN: 2456-2947)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJRDO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.