Investigating the Effect of Internal Marketing on the Staffs’ Desire to Remain in the Organization (Case Study: Aria Sasol Petrochemical Company)
- Internal marketing,
- desire of employee to remain,
- Aria Sasol Petrochemical Company
Copyright (c) 2018 IJRDO - Journal of Business Management (ISSN: 2455-6661)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of internal marketing on the willingness of employees to remain in Aria Sasol Petrochemical Company. The statistical population of the study consisted of 925 employees from Aria Sasol Petrochemical Company. The calculated sample is based on Morgan's table and Cochran's formula, which includes 272 individuals who have been extracted by random sampling. The research tools in this research included two internal marketing standard questionnaires (Al Hawari et al., 2013) and the standard questionnaire of the desire to remain (Weiner and Imery, 1980). Validity of the questionnaires was based on expert opinion and Bartlett's test. Validity coefficient of internal marketing questionnaire was 0/793 and the standard questionnaire of the desire to remain was 0/916. And their reliability is based on Cronbach's alpha coefficient which was 0.799 for internal marketing questionnaire and 0.847 for the standard questionnaire of the desire to remain and indicated that the questionnaire is desirable. In this research, regression analysis was used to analyze the research hypotheses and Friedman test for ranking variables. The results of this research showed that the internal marketing dimensions have a positive and meaningful effect on employees' durability in the Aria Sasol Petrochemical Company. Also, the component of education and development has more impact and then there are communication, employee empowerment and motivation.
2. Bailey, J. P ., Thackray, R. I., Pearl., & Parish, T. S., (1976), Boredom and arousal: Comparison of tasks differing in visual complexity. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 43,141-142.
3. Blanchart, N. D., Latkin, C. A., Farmer, R., & Saoud, J. (1991).Boredom in young adults: Gender and cultural comparisons. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 22, 209-223.
4. Bolo Enderiks, A. (2013). Technology readiness index (TRL)- a multiple-item scale to measure readiness to embrace new techno logy. Journal of ServiceResearch, 2, 307-320.
5. Chenne, T., (1988), Boredom as a clinical issue. Psychotherapy, 25, 71-81.
6. Copeer, D. (2014). Building corporate branding through internal marketing : the case of the UK retail bank marketing, Journal of Product and Brand Management, 15 (1), pp. 37-47.
7. Copeer, D. (2014).Building corporate branding through internal marketing : the case of the UK retail bank marketing, Journal of Product and Brand Management, 15 (1), pp. 37-47.
8. Copper, A. B AND Coronin, M. P (Eds.) (2010), Work engagement, A handbook of essential theory and research. New York: Psychology Press.
9. Decvaing, R. W., (2000), A phenomenological investigation of being bored with life. Psychological Reports,pp. 86, 493 – 494.
10. Dokakis, V., kichen, M. & Sanchez, J. (2013). Internal market orientation and its influence on organizational performance , European Journal of Marketing, 43 (11), pp. 1435-1456.
11. Estingel, I. & al-Kilani, M. H. (2010).Human resource management and turnover intentions in the Jordanian hotel sector. Research and Practice in Human Resource Management, 18(1), 46-59.
12. Javanmard, H and Taheri, M. (2010). The impact of market orientation and strategic relief benefits on the performance of small and medium-sized manufacturing companies, The 5th International Conference on Strategic Management.
13. Kafashpour, A & Sinaerudi, M. (2009). The effect of marketing research on performance through market culture in travel agencies in Mashhad, Transformation Management Research, Year 1.
14. Koushki, M; Aghamiri, S. (2013). Internal marketing, a step to improve organizational citizenship behaviors and quality of service: an investigation into the Tehran Bozorg Gas Company. Management Researches in Iran, Volume 14, Issue 2.
15. Mihani, Gh; Abdolmaleki, A & Mihani, M. (2013). The role of internal marketing factors in trust building Satisfaction and loyalty in customers (Case study: Private Insurance Companies in Kurdistan Province), Second International Conference on Challenges and Solutions Management, Shiraz.
16. Moghadam, M and Noorayi, M. (2015). Effect of Internal Marketing Factors on Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty, Fourth International Conference on Applied Research in Management and Accounting, Tehran, Shahid Beheshti University.
17. Mullah Hosseini, A. (2010). Relationship between Market Orientation and Performance in Asia Insurance Brokers, Kerman Province
18. Pierce,G. ,and sarason,B. (1996) . Handbook of social support and the family, Plenum Press: New York.
19. Rahnavard, F. (2003). "empowering employees, a Step to customer-oriented", Quarterly Journal of Management and Development Process, Organization for Management and Planning, No. 59, pp. 37-28.
20. Ramezanpour, I; Malek Akhlagh, I and Akhavan, M. (2012). The role of internal marketing in satisfaction and loyalty of foreign customers (case study: private insurance companies), National Conference on Accounting, Financial Management and Investment, Gorgan.
21. Ranahbarian, B; Bani Talibi, M & Mahinizadeh, S. (2009). Determination of market orientation of tile industries in Isfahan and Yazd provinces, Sharif Engineering and Industries.