Automobile Design and Implementation of CAN bus Protocol- A Review
Controller area network (CAN) most researched communication protocol used for automotive industries. Now we are heading towards the automotive world of autonomous AI based or semiautonomous vehicle system which is capable of delivering the best in class driverless experience around the world. We need an effective implementation of vehicle and computer convergence along with a very fast communication protocol. CAN helps us to design and implement such kind of system with a single onboard computer which controls vehicle parameters remotely. Researchers are looking forward to Wireless Controller Area Network (WCAN) which eventually can even prospect into the IOT field and flourishes the smooth transportation system. This paper reviews such kind of design and implementation setups to acquire a secured and effective CAN bus protocol
2. Microchip Technology's MCP2515 and MCP2551 developed by microchip on Oct, 2007,
3. A. A. Salunkhe, Pravin P Kamble, Rohit Jadhav, 2016. Design And Implementation of CAN bus
Protocol for Monitoring Vehicle Parameters. IEEE International Conference On Recent
Trends In Electronics Information Communication Technology, 301-304.
4. Hanxing Chen,Jun Tian, 2009. Research on the Controller Area Network. IEEE International
Conference on Networking and Digital Society, 252-254.
5. H.Ekiz, A.Kutlu, M.D.Baba, E.T.Powner, 1996. Performance Analysis of a CAN/CAN Bridge,
6. S. Vijayalakshmi, 2013. Vehicle control system implementation Using CAN protocol, IJAREIE,
7. Kumar, M. A.Verma, and A. Srividya, Response-Time “Modeling of Controller Area Network
(CAN). Distributed Computing and Networking, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume
5408, p 163-174, 2009.
8. Tindell, K., A. Burns, and A.J. Wellings, Calculating controller area network (CAN) message
response times. Control Engineering Practice, 3(8): p. 1163-1169, 2005
9. Pazul, “Controller Area Network (CAN) Basics”, Microchip technology Inc., AN713, May 1999.
10. B.Gmbh, “CAN specification” vol 1 Version 2.0, 1991.
11. Wilfried Voss, A comprehensive guide to controller area network, Copperhill Media
12. H. R. Brahmbhatt, et. Al, “Review Paper on Design and Implementation of CAN Bus
Application Layer Protocol for Vehicle Control System”, IJEDRCP, 2014
13. N. Gaikwad & S. D. Markande, “A Review: Implementation of Intelligent Features in Vehicle
using CAN Protocol”, IJARCCE, 2016
14. G. I. Mary, et. Al, “Modeling and Analysis of Wireless Controller Area Network—A
Review”, Scientific research, Communications and Network, 2013, 5, 126-133
15. R. Buttigieg, et. Al, “Security Issues in Controller Area Networks in Automobiles”, Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJRDO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.