Beta of Viet Nam Stock Investment Industry Under Leverage Impact During and After The Global Crisis 2007-2011
Copyright (c) 2019 IJRDO - Journal of Business Management (ISSN: 2455-6661)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This paper estimates the impacts of external financing on market risk for the listed firms in the Viet nam non-banking stock investment industry, esp. after the financial crisis 2007-2009.
First, by using quantitative and analytical methods to estimate asset and equity beta of total 10 listed companies in Viet Nam non-banking stock investment industry with a proper traditional model, we found out that the beta values, in general, for many institutions are acceptable.
Second, under 3 different scenarios of changing leverage (in 2011 financial reports, 30% up and 20% down), we recognized that the risk level, measured by equity and asset beta mean, decreases when leverage increases to 30% and vice versa.
Third, by changing leverage in 3 scenarios, we recognized the dispersion of risk level increases (measured by equity beta var) if the leverage increases up to 30%.
Finally, this paper provides some outcomes that could provide companies and government more evidence in establishing their policies in governance.
- Ajinkya, Bijal., and Kumar, Mahesh., (2012), Taxation aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions, Asia-Pacific Tax Bulletin
- Brocato, Joe., and Smith, Kenneth L., (2012), Sudden Equity Prices Decline and The Flight-To-Safety Phenomenon: Additional Evidence Using Daily Data, Journal of Econonmic and Finance
- Eugene, Fama F., and French, Kenneth R., (2004), The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Evidence, Journal of Economic Perspectives
- Flifel, Kaouther., (2012), Financial Markets between Efficiency and Persistence : Empirical Evidence on Daily Data, Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting
- Grullon, Gustavo., Lyandres, Evgeny., and Zhdanov, Alexei., (2012), Real Options, Volatility and Stock Returns, Journal of Finance
- Hai, Nguyen Minh., Hien, Phan Tat., and Linh, Dang Huyen., (2013), Phân tích tác động của phá giá tiền tệ đến tăng trưởng kinh tế VN thời kỳ 2000-2012, Journal of Economic Development
- Huy, Dinh T.N., (2012), Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis, Journal of Integration and Development
- Kim, Heeho., (2013), Uncertainty and Risk Premium Puzzle, Journal of Economic and Finance
- Ling, Amy., (2013), Tax Issues Relating to Intangibles, Asia-Pacific Tax Bulletin
- Lu, Wenling., and Whidbee, David A., (2013), Bank Structure and Failure,Journal of Financial Econoic Policy
- Maria, Ana POPA (2012)., The Impact of Social Factors on Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence for Romania and European Union Countries, Romanian Journal of Fiscal Policy
- Neumann, Michael., and Skiadopoulos, George., (2013), Predictable Dynamics in Higher Order Risk-Neutral Moments : Evidence From The S&P 500 Options, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Varotto, Simone., (2011), Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk and Bank Capital, International Journal of Managerial Finance
- Ang, A., Chen, J., (2007), CAPM Over the Long Run: 1926-2001, Journal of Empirical Finance
- Baker, Kent H., Singleton, Clay J., and Veit, Theodore E., (2011), Survey Research in Corporate Finance: Bridging The Gap Between Theory and Practice, Oxford University Press
- ADB and Viet Nam Fact Sheet, 2010
- Other web sources
- www.mof.gov.vn ;
- www.vneconomy.com.vn ;