An investigation of elderly problems, a sociological explanation (Case study: Saghez city)
The present research by using the theoretical approach and reference to research findings done in the area of subjects and surveys seeks to describe the aging years, the elderly in different cultures and their problems in the city and to present necessary guidelines for solving elderly problems. On the basis of three theoretical approaches of biology, psychology and sociology such variables as socioeconomic station, marriage status, sustenance, family and relative relations, social relations, physical weaknesses, place of birth, age, positive attitude to the elderly and well-being amenities as independent variables were analyzed at two micro and macro levels on dependent variables of life span, activities , conservatism, isolation, review of past life, social participation, spending the leisure time and effective social relations.
Based on data analysis, variables of family and relative relations, well-being amenities, place of birth and marriage status and spending leisure time are significantly related with life span while family and relative relations and physical weaknesses are significantly related with isolation and social relations and socioeconomic station are related with activities, socio economicstation and age. Meantime, attitudes towards the phenomenon of ageingare related with social participation and socioeconomic station is related with activities and physical weaknesses are related with isolation and conservatism. On the other hand, socioeconomic relations are related with social relations and spending leisure times are related with a review of past life. Nevertheless, the variables of socioeconomic station and sustenance are not related with age.
2. Atkinson, Richards, and Atkinson , Rital (1987), Context of psychology, Trans, by Mohamad Naghi Baraheni, and Behrooz Birshak, First Vol, Tehran,Roshd press.p:182.
3. Francis Castello.Vincent,(1997)Urbanization in the middle East,Cambridge & London ,Cambridge University Press,PP:123-127.
4. Imam Abi Zakaria Ben Sharaf Navavi Damashghi, (2009), Riaz Al salehin, Trans by Masoud Ansari, First edition, Tehran: Ehsan press
5. Bazargan Rahim, (1992), Investigating the welfare and health amenities of the elderly houses in Tehran, M.A. thesis, Tehran : faculty of nursing and midwifery of the Medical Sciences of Tehran,pp:45-211.
6. Baltz, Margaret (1998), Facing aging, Trans, by Kamran Rouh, World health, 12th year, No, 2, Spring,P:6.
7. Pezouyan , Jamshid, (1998), General finance and determination of financial policies of the states, fifth edition, PNU press,pp:22-71.
8. Pirad Ali, (1973), Sustainability of the aged and their social stations , M.A thesis, Tehran: Faculty of social services,pp:33-52.
9. Tabrizi, Gholamreza,2001), An introduction to the psychology of growth, first edition, Tabriz, Aidin press. PP: 182-185
10. Hoghoghgozai , Fateme, (1999), Investigating the social and mental relations of the left behind elderly, M.A. thesis, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Markaz branch.pp:5-32.
11. Deboir, Simon, (2006),Aging ,Tarns by Mohamad Ali Toosi, Shabaviz press press,P P:27-89.
12. Russell , Davis( 1990), An introduction to mental pathology, Trans , by Nosratollah Poor Afkari, Tabriz, Nima press, First edition,pp: 190-218.
Samaram, Ezzatollaah, (1992), From tribal west house to private elderly
13. houses of Tehran , Quarterly of social sciences, first year, No, 3 and, 4. Winter and Spring 1992, Allame Tabatabaei university press,p: 151-161
14. Shahsavand, Esmaeel; Sanavi, Tahere, (1994), Depression among the elderly, Quarterly of the elderly, No, 1. Tehran ,Pp:57-60
15. Shariatmadari, Ali, (1992), Educational psychology, Tehran :Amir Kabir press, Seventh edition, p:288-290.
16. Sheikh Mohamad Taghi, (1991), Analysis and application of demography, Tehran :Eshraghi publications,pp:37-211.
17. Sheikhi, Mohamad Taghi, (1992), Sociology of the third world, Tehran: Eshraghi press,pp:54-79.
18. Ghaemi Ali, (1986), Family and issue of the elderly, first edition , Tehran: Association of parents and instructors publication of the Islamic Republic of Iran,PP:213-241.
19. Group of authors, (1986), Psychology of growth, Trans, by Nooraldin, Rahmanian , Second edition, Tehran: Agah Press,pp:50-261.
20. Support research groups, (1987), Investigating the social and economic impacts of the Rajaeebar scheme of the family on the families covered from 1981 to 1984, Tehran : Bureau of educational and research department.pp:517-617.
21. Giddens, Anthony, (2003), Sociology, Tran s, by Manoochehr Saboori, First edition, Tehran :Nei press.
22. Gilerd, Michael, Denis, Richard (1988), Psychiatry, Trans, by Nosratollah Poor Afkari, Second Edition, Tabriz, Nima press, Pp:281-289.
23. Maltz, Maxwell, (2006), Psychology of creativity, Trans by Mehdi, Gharachedaghi, Fourth version, Tehran: Shabahang press,pp:275-278.
24. Mostofizademehr, Parvin, (1975), Investigating the aging issues in the region of Najfabad, Tehran, M.A. thesis, Tehran : Higher institute of social services.pp:25-69.
25. Mohaddesi, Javad, (2000), Moral of companionship with the aged, Quarterly of women message, no. 84, seventh year, Ghom, Islamic Guidance press of the Scientific Ministry of Ghom, PP:22-64.
26. Masnavi, Abdullah, (1999), Aging issues, No. 2,Tehran: Rehabilitation department ,p p:94-96.
27. Masnavi, Ataullah, (2004), Aging issue in Iran , Quarterly of social sciences, No. 1 and 2, Fall and Winter, 1990, Allame Tabatabaei university publications ,pP:113-128.
28. Mirsepasi, Gholamreza, (2003), A look at the mental health of the elderly, Quarterly of the elderly, First year, Sumer and Fall, 1991, Tehran, pP:32-66
29. Mohseni, Manoochehr, (2005), Sociology of medics and health, Fourth edition, Tehran, Tahoori press,PP:119-120.
30. Mohaddesi, Javad, (2007), Moral of companionship with the aged, Quarterly of women message, no. 84, seventh year, Ghom, Islamic Guidance press of the Scientific Ministry of Ghom, PP: 22-24.
31. Momeni, Malihe, (1991), Investigating the station and situation of the elderly in the Iranian society, M.A. thesis, Islamic Azad University, Tehran branch.pp:18-29.
Copyright (c) 2018 IJRDO - Journal of Social Science and Humanities Research (ISSN: 2456-2971)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJRDO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.