A Note on Solving Nonlinear Differential Equations Using Modified Laplace Decomposition Method
In the field of Applied Mathematics, physics, and engineering, to explain phenomena occur- ring in these fields, models are developed in the form of differential equations. Many of these phenomena are typically represented as nonlinear differential equations. While there exist a hand- ful of analytical methods to solve some regular problems, often an analytical solution turns out to be quite difficult to attain using traditional methods. Therefore the objective is to explore a numerical method or a semi-analytical method that yields the best approximation. In this paper, we investigate a consistent modification of Laplace decomposition method using Adomian poly- nomials to solve nonlinear ordinary and partial differential equations. The method is introduced and to further demonstrate its effectiveness, it is applied to solve three differential equations where nonlinearity appears in different forms.
2. Khuri, S. A. (2001). A Laplace decomposition algorithm applied to class of nonlinear differen- tial equations. J. Math. Appl., Vol. 4, 141-155.
3. Adomian, G. and Rach, R. (1992). Noise terms in decomposition solution series. Comput.
Math. Appl., Vol. 24, 61-64.
4. Khan, Y. and Faraz, N. (2011). Application of Modified Laplace decomposition method for solving boundary layer equation. Journal of King Saud University-Sc., Vol. 23(1), 115-119.
5. Yusufoglu, E. (2006). Numerical solution of Duffing equation by the Laplace decomposition algorithm. Appl. Math. Comput., Vol. 177, 572-580.
6. Khuri, S. A. (2004). A new approach to Bratu’s problem. Appl. Math. Comput., Vol. 147,
7. Hosseinzadeh, H., Jafari, H. and Roohani, M. (2010). Application of Laplace decomposition method for solving Klein-Gordon equation. World Appl. Sci. J., Vol. 8(7), 809-813.
8. Alizadeh, E., Sedighi, K., Farhadi, M., Kebria, H. R. and Ghafourian, A. (2009). Analytical approximate solution of the cooling problem by Adomian decomposition method. Comm. Non- linear Sci. Numer. Simul., Vol. 14, 462-472.
9. Alizadeh, E., Farhadi, M., Sedighi, K., Kebria, H. R. and Ghafourian, A. (2009). Solution of the Faulkner-Skan equation for wedge by Adomian decomposition method. Comm. Non-linear Sci. Numer. Simul., Vol. 14, 724-733.
Copyright (c) 2019 IJRDO - Journal of Mathematics (ISSN: 2455-9210)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJRDO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.