Introduction of an Efficient Method for the Observation of Living Paramecium
Fast movement of living Paramecium makes its observation very difficult and low efficiency of taking pictures. Volume-fixing method being reported on Chinese local journals could solve this problem completely. To popularize this method, we will simply introduce this method here .
2. Zhu QS. Science. Zhejiang Education Press, Hangzhou. 2006, p65. (in Chinese)
3. Bai QS, Wang YY. Zoological Experiments. Higher Education Press, Beijing. 2007, pp22-24. (in Chinese)
4. Song WB, Xu KD, Shi XL. Progress in Protozoology. Qingdao Ocean University Press, Qingdao. 1999, p362. (in Chinese)
5. Wichterman R. The Biology of Paramecium. 2nd Ed. Plenum Press, New York and London. 1986, pp9-10, 263-266.
6. Shi XB, Hai WL, Qiu ZJ. Utilization of a squash method in the study of ciliate nuclei.Proceedings of the Third Symposium of Chinese Protozoological Society. 1985, p30. (in Chinese)
7. Matsuda A, Saimi Y, Takahashi M. An unusual complementation in non-excitable mutants in Paramecium. Genetic Research. 2000, 76: 123-133.
8. Yang X, Huang X, Zhang X, Zhou Q. Methods for observation of Paramecium by slowing down its movement. Biological Teaching. 2008, 33(9): 34-35.(In Chinese)
9. Lin Y, Gao X, Yang X. A method for observation of living Paramecium. Shichuan Journal of Zoology. 2009, 28: 276. (in Chinese)
10. Yang X. Methods for obsevation of living Paramecium in biological teaching. China Education Innovation Herald. 2010, (2): 88-89. (in Chinese)
11. Gao X, Zhang X, Yang X. Morphological apoptotic characteristics of the post-meiotic micronuclei in Paramecium caudatum. European Journal of Protistology. 2010, 46(3):243-250.
12. Gao X, Xu CM, Yang X. Characterization of meiotic nuclear degeneration in Paramecium tetraurelia. Chinese Journal of Zoology. 2011, 46(3): 89-92.(In Chinese)
13. Gao X, Song Y, Yang X. Nuclear behavior in exconjugants of Paramecium bursaria. IJRDO-Journal of Biological Science. 2018, 4(7): 1-5.
14. Yang X, Zhang X, Huang X. The application of vital fluorescence dyes in the study of ciliates. Acta HydroBioloca Sinica. 2008, 32 (Suppl.): 80–83.(in Chinese)
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJRDO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.