Increasing the yield of iron-dextran nanoparticles by ultrasonic treatment
- Iron-dextran particles,
- Ultrasonic treatment,
- Conjugating pairs
Copyright (c) 2019 IJRDO - Journal of Biological Science (ISSN: 2455-7676)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Iron-dextran nanoparticles are very useful for separating ciliate conjugating pairs. However, due to the low yield, their application is greatly limited. By ultrasonic treatment, their yield is greatly increased, which makes their application without any hesitation. This method will be introduced here.
- Prescott DM. The DNA of ciliated Protozoa. Microbiol Rev, 1994, 58: 233-267.
- Wichterman R. The Biology of Paramecium, 2nd ed., Plenum Press, New York and London, 1986.
- Calkins GN and Cull SW. The conjugation of Paramecium aurelia (caudatum). Arch Protistenk, 1907, 10: 375- 415.
- Gao X, Zhang X and Yang X. Morphological apoptotic characteristics of the post-meiotic micronuclei in Paramecium caudatum. Eur J Protistol, 2010, 46(3): 243-250.
- Gao X, Shi X and Yang X. Dynamic behaviour of stationary pronuclei during their positioning in Paramecium caudatum. Eur J Protistol, 2011, 47(3): 235-237.
- Gao X, Yang X, Zhu J, Yuan J, Wang Y and Song M. New details indicated by different stainings during the conjugation of ciliated protozoa Paramecium. Zool Res, 2011, 32(6): 651-656.
- Yang X and Takahashi M. Disturbance of the determination of germinal and somatic nuclei by heat shock in Paramecium caudatum. J Eukaryot Microbiol, 1999, 46: 49-55.
- Wei J, Gao X and Yang X. Introducing a method for separating ciliate conjugating pairs by magnetic iron-dextran particles. Chn J Zoo, 2008, 43(2): 77-80. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- Lambert G, Fattal E, Couvreur P. Nanoparticulate systems for the delivery of antisense oligonucleotides. Adv Drug Deliv Rev, 2001, 47(1): 99-112.
- Tanimoto A, Kuribayashi S. Application of superparamagnetic iron oxide to imaging of hepatocellular carcinoma. Eur J Radiol, 2006, 58(2): 200-216.
- Vosskühler C, Tiedtke A. Magnetic separation of phagosomes of defined age from Tetrahymena thermophila. J Eukaryot Microbiol, 1993, 40: 556-562.
- Haremaki T, Sugai T and Takahashi M. The vegetative micronucleus has a critical role in maintenance of cortical structure in Tetrahymena thermophila. Cell Struct Funct, 1995, 20: 239-244.
- Sun X, Wu J, Gao X and Yang X. To enhance the production of magnetic iron-dextran particles by ultrasonic treatment and its applications in ciliate studies. Chn J Zoo, 2010, 45(1): 90-93. (in Chinese with English abstract)