The Quality of Work Life of the Faculty
- quality of work life,
- state universities,
- human resource practitioners
Copyright (c) 2019 IJRDO - Journal of Educational Research (ISSN: 2456-2947)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Quality of work life (QWL) is the favorable and unfavorable outlook of the employees towards his job and organization (Ananth and Bhat, 2015). It is one of the interventions used by human resource practitioners to motivate their people to improve performance and achieve organizational goals. This study was conducted to determine the quality of work life of the faculty in the state universities through the use of a quantitative research method with a total of 260 respondents. Based on the findings of the study, the majority of the respondents towards the quality of work life of the faculty was rated as moderate extent. However, the facilities got the lowest weighted mean. Hence, there is a need for the improvement on the facilities in order to increase the productivity of the faculty in achieving academic excellence and to continually attract and retain them to work in the state universities.
- Ananth, A., and Bhat, R. 2015. Introduction of Quality of Work Life. Retrieved fromhttps://docslide.com.br/documents/intro-of-quailty-of-worklife.html date retrieved May 25, 2018.
- Bornstein, David. 2007. How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Chand S. 2012. Quality of Work Life: it’s Meaning and Definition | Employee Management.retrieved from International: YourArticleLibrary.com
- date retrieved June 8, 2018.
- Dawn, Melody. 2018. “Should a Relationship Exist Between Supervisor & Subordinate? Retrieved from www.work.chron.com date retrieved November 17, 2018.
- Demerouti, E., et al. 2007. “The Job Demands-Resources Model: State of the Art. Journal of Managerial Psychology.
- Goleman, Daniel. 2002. “Leading Resonant Teams.” Leader to Leader Publication, 25
- Hamidi, F. 2012. Teachers’ quality of work life in secondary schools. International Journal of Vocational and Technical Education, 1, 1, 1-5.
- Katcher, Bruce L. 2018. Are You Proud of Your Organization. Retrieved from www.amanet.orgdate retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Lackney, J.A. and Picus, L.O. “Overview, Maintenance, and Modernazation of Schools, Facility, Construction and Education.Retrieved from www.stateuniversity.com date retrieved November 17, 2018.
- Leonard, Kimberlee. 2018. “Importance of Compensation in the Workplace” Retrieved from ww.smallbusiness.com date retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Mayhew, Ruth. 2018. “The advantages of Labor Unions for an Organization. Retrieved from www.smallbusiness.chron.com date retrieved November 16, 2018.
- McConnell, Alyse. 2015. “Relationship with Supervisor”. Retrieved from a2coachinggroup.com date retrieved November 16, 2018.
- McKay, Matt. 2017. “Developing an Effective Employee Training Program”. Retrieved from ww.smallbusiness.com date retrieved November 17, 2018.
- Raziq, A. and Maulabakhsh, R. 2015. Impact of Working Environment on Job Satisfaction.ELSEVIER/PRocedia Economics and Finance.
- Smith, Elizabeth. 2018. “What is Employee Autonomy?” Retrieved from www.smallbusiness.chron.com date retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Swamy et al. 2015.Quality of Work Life: Scale Development and Validation. International Journal of Caring Sciences; 8(2):281-300.
- Walters, M. and Mishel, L. 2003. “How Union Help All Workers”. Retrieved from ww.epi.org/publication date retrieved November 16, 2018.