The Artistic Value of Mantle of the Expert: Dorothy Heathcote's dramatic-inquiry approach to teaching and learning
a Belgian Research Project
This article gives an insight on the first results of a Belgian Research Project where Bob Selderslaghs examines the artistic value of the Mantle of the Expert approach in a Flemish primary school. He focuses on artistic roles that students can adopt while studying the curriculum.
(2) C. Van Driessche, 05/12/2017, vrt NWS (national news network).
(3) Flemish government, Onderwijsspiegel 2016, inspection report.
(4) B. Selderslaghs, A. Van Moorsel, S. Caluwaert & I. Wolfaert, 4 je mee? Initiatielessen voor
8-jarigen met cross-overs naar de kunstdisciplines drama, dans, muziek en beeld, 2013, Garant
(5) E. Booth, The Music Teaching Artist’s Bible, 2009, Oxford University Press.
(6) for example Three Looms Waiting, BBC Omnibus, 1971.
(7) Director of MoE.com and the National MoE Coaching Team UK.
(8) Freelance teacher and teacher-trainer in Mantle of the Expert, author of A Beginner’s Guide
to Mantle of the Expert, 2016, Singular Publishing, and co-promotor of my research project.
(9) T. Taylor on YouTube, Mantle of the Expert: wat is het?https://youtu.be/OWlBrMCWrl8,
2017, ed. Bob Selderslaghs
(13) More info on www.mantleoftheexpert.com
(14) More info on www.mantleoftheexpert.be
(15) Recommendation of the European Parliament and of the Council on key competences for
lifelong learning, (2006/962/EC), http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32006H0962
(16) H. Crevits, Conceptnota DKO, 2012, Flemish government.
(17) L. Bosman & E. Schrooten, Kunstig Competent, 2016, www.kunstigcompetent.be
(18) Dimitri Mortelmans, Handboek kwalitatieve onderzoeksmethoden, 2013, ACCO Uitgeverij
(19) L. Abbott, ‘Mantle of the Expert’ as a route to Irresistible Learning and Transformative
Teaching, 2017, FORUM, 59(3), 423-432.
(20) D. Heathcote and G. Bolton, Drama for Learning – Dorothy Heathcote’s Mantle of the
Expert Approach to Education, p.170, Heinemann, 1995
Copyright (c) 2018 IJRDO - Journal Of Educational Research (ISSN: 2456-2947)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJRDO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.