HRM and organizational innovation- A literature review
Innovation is a key element in an organization’s success. Only those organizations which are ready to innovate can survive in today’s competitive environment. Introducing innovation or change is one of the biggest challenges that organizational leaders face. People naturally are reluctant to change. There will be many people in an organization who does not want to change from the usual way of doing things. HR managers play a vital role in introducing innovation in an organization with the acceptance of people. This paper is a review of existing literature about the relationship between HRM and organizational innovation.
2. Beugelsdijk, S. (2008), ‘Strategic human resource practices and product innovation’, Organization Studies, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 821-847.
3. Bos-Nehles A, Janssen M (2015), The influence of HRM practices on innovative work behaviour: a systematic literature review, University of Twente
4. Cooke F L, Saini D S (2010),(How) does the HR strategy support an innovation oriented business strategy? An investigation of institutional context and organizational practices in Indian firms, Human Resource Management, Vol.49, No. 3
5. Gupta and Singhal, Managing Human resources for innovation and creativity, Research. Technology management may-June 1993
6. Kee-Luen Wong, Peter Sin-Howe Tan, Yin-Kuan Ng*, Chee-Yang Fong, The Role of HRM in Enhancing Organizational Performance, Human Resource Management Research 2013, 3(1): 11-15
7. Marius-Dan Dalotă and Alexandra Perju, Human resources management and the company’s innovation, Romanian Economic and Business Review – Vol. 5, No.4, 2010
8. Peter Reilly and Professor Maura Sheehan ,The role of HR in workforce innovation ,IES Perspectives on HR 2017
9. Prof. Shital Deshmukh, Human Resource Management and Organization Innovation, Sinhgad Institute of Management and Computer Application (SIMCA), 2014
10. Scarbrough, 2003, "Knowledge management, HRM and the innovationprocess", International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 24 Issue: 5, pp.501-516
11. Shipton et al. , Managing People to Promote Innovation, Creativity and Innovation Management 14(2), June 2005
12. Tan et al., Human Resource Management Practices and Organizational Innovation: Assessing the Mediating Role of Knowledge Management Effectiveness , Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management ,Volume 9, Issue 2 , 2011
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJRDO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.